All the versions of this article: [English] [français]
Guylaine Cosseron and Jean-Sébastien Mariage : Japan tour 2018
Guylaine Cosseron : voice
Jean-Sébastien Mariage : electric guitar
The Cosseron / Mariage duo are invited to Japan for 9 concerts in October 2018.
– 6th OTOOTO - Tokyo
– 8th Ftarri - Tokyo
– 9th Studio T Bone with Rabito Arimoto - Osaka
– 12th Rakudouan with Setsuhi Shiraishi - Kanda
– 13th Chakaiki with Naoki Kita - Tokyo
– 14th Airegin with Tetsu Saitoh - Yokohama
– 15th Buddy with Naoto Yamashi, Mamiko Hosokawa and Setsuhi Shiraishi - Tokyo
– 16th FTFTFTF - Nana-Hari with Hideo Ikegami - Tokyo
– 17th 810. Outfit Café with Naoto Yamashi percussions) et Maresuke (Contracello) - Tokyo
This series of concerts will be available in different formats, initially as a duo, then welcoming several Japanese musicians, dancers and calligraphers from the local contemporary scene for a few evenings.
Guylaine Cosseron are Jean-Sébastien Mariage are essential players in the French improvised music scene, but also in Europe and internationally. Together, they have traveled the world for the past fifteen years, presenting their unique vision of improvisation while risking numerous encounters with other international artists. In doing so, they explore not hypothetical differences in cultural identities, but the fertile tension revealed by the gap between civilizations. From this "entry" emerges an unprecedented ensemble, specific to the shared moment, whose vocation is to create a unique listening ground.
The first duo concerts will allow these two French artists to compare their music to the Japanese context, then, through encounters, to question it by listening to contemporary Japanese practices encountered.
List of guest Japanese artists :
• Naoto Yamagishi : percussions - http://www.naotoyamagishi.com
• Naoki Kita : violon - https://www.naoki-kita.com
• Tetsu Saitoh : doublebass - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okua8bvXF2M
• Rabito Arimoto : trompet - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR47Ldv-g3U
• Setsuhi Shiraishi : calligraphy - https://www.setsuhi.jp
• Mamiko Hosokawa : danse - http://mamikohosokawa.com/?tag=越生
• Hideo Ikegami : doublebass - http://www.hideoikegami.com
The duet : This duo visits the in-between, not of sound but of its meaning. It is the association and she alone of these two musicians that will define a sound, aesthetic, ethical object; because here each one works elsewhere, limiting by their respective sounds an empty environment, free to any interpretation. Their only will is to create this link which by its mixing, its spinning, will reveal a form which, whatever one says about it, always presents itself as an end. Harnessed exclusively to this attempt, they allow each listener to see better than themselves what will come out of it, not with certainty, but on the contrary, with the distance from oneself that is then imposed.
Guylaine Cosseron and Jean-Sébastien Mariage have been collaborating musically since 2016 in several projects, with the Percussionist Sébastien Bouhana (Drôme), the Grand Orchester Plage Sonore (Normandie)…
This tour benefits from the help of Sacem and Spedidam